Sunday, July 1, 2007

The Terminal

At last I have arrived home in Ohio. The flooding in the UK caused some train delays getting to the airport, but probably the most memorable part of the trip was the 12-hour delay of my flight out of the UK. Yes, 12 hours. There was an engine fault which had to be fixed and then tested. While we all waited in the airport, they gave us lots of free food vouchers. I slept, wandered the duty free store, ate, and drew to while away the time. Then we got in to Chicago in the wee hours and were sent to a swank hotel for the grand total of 2.5 hours until it was time for the connecting flight...the soda vending machine didn't work, even after I kicked it, so I used the one downstairs to get a coke for $2.75. But all that is behind me now as I enjoy the heat and sunshine, the family, and all the animals.

No comments: