Thursday, May 1, 2008

Weeeeeeee!!!

My slugs...they are escaping.
I keep finding them oozing around on the *outside* of their terrarium.
There is a small hole on the lid, i thought maybe they were emerging from that, but now I have plugged it up, and what do I see? A slug happily oozing down from the lid. They don't go beyond the tank after they escape, fortunately, as it is surrounded by a towel. Slugs and towels don't seem to be compatible. I just got them some fresh moss, too, they should be happy in there! I guess exploring is in their blood. Or hemolymph. whatever they have. Ooze on, slug adventurers!

in other news, I just ate a bunch of bacon.

yeah, things can be quite slow around here at times.

2 comments:

brandonamp said...

AUUUUUUGHHHH SLUGS ATTACKING!
Actually, it's pretty interesting that they won't traverse a towel. I wonder if it's something it was washed with or they don't like the feel on their slugness?

Emilz said...

I think it sucks the moisture out of their disgustingly wet little bodies. or maybe its hard for them to get a grip.

btw, congrats on being awesome and posting a comment on a blog post about slugs. :D