Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Lifeformers

Greetings Blog Readers!
No new photos this time, so here is an old cartoon drawing I made of The Pie for you to look at.

Here's the latest on the various life-forms associated with me:
Tasha - almost completely healed, can now run and leap about freely. We had our first PAT assignment, and it went well. Tomarrow we will attend a dinner together.

Crayfish - the crayfish are active! I've been helping my labmate with fieldwork, and working on a big presentation which I just gave today. It went smashingly, as usual. I really enjoy presenting. Next week labmate and I will travel to Belfast, Ireland to meet another crayfish student and sample some Irish crayfish (I mean collect, not EAT). Should be an AWESOME time.

Other life forms - I have some new pets...someone didn't want their stick insects anymore, so now I have them. The first order of business was to clean out their cage/tank thing. I tried putting them in this big plastic box while I cleaned it out. Somenow they ended up ON MY LEGS. It was difficult to remove them without betraying my cool exterior. Also, I have a toad. We found it on a footpath when out crayfish sampling. It looked like someone might have stepped on its arm (swollen). So far it is pretty boring. I made it a large terrarium. Really. I made it out of plexiglass at 2am one night. Crazy! Also, a friend at work has some snails that recently hatched, so I'll be giving a couple of them a home too. And I got some wee bean plants, and the pumpkin seeds I planted came up, and of course the peas as well. Oh, and we now have an algae eater (plecostamus) fish for the guppy tank at work, named Ralph, just like my last one. Who currently lives in Missouri.

Oh yeah, and I'm fine. :D

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am way jealous of your pets, especially the stick insects.

brandonamp said...

I find cartoon pie to be quite nice!