Sunday, May 4, 2008

Warning: graphic photos of wound

Right, so here's some pics of Pie's injury. First we have here what I found when I got home with her. As you can see there is so much hair, it is difficult to see the extent of the wound. You can also see that it isn't actually bleeding much, which is why it was very hard to find. I actually found it because I could SMELL blood. and that is creepy. It looked to be about 1.5x1inch. When I saw this I knew i would have to take her to the vet for stitches, the next day.


Here is the Pie now, we just got back from the vet a little while ago. She had been there most of the day, they had to anesthetize her of course. Yeah, wound is a lot bigger than it looked like at first! And I asked them to shave extra and on the other side to look for more wounds, they found one more puncture. It was basically one large bite. here you can see they put drainage tubes in around the stitches. Those will be removed tomarrow if all goes well. It obviously hurts alot, she was wimpering and she doesn't ever do that. So they gave her 'another painkiller shot'. Now she's zonked out.
And here's a close up view of the wound. Yes, look at it, you know you want to.
The vet said it should heal in about ten days...just in time for her first Therapy dog assignment. Did I mention she was certified as a therapy dog a while back? Well, she was.

5 comments:

saun said...

you may want to hold off on Tasha being a therapy dog for a little longer if she is still sore or skittish from the ordeal. Poor Tasha, I hope she gets well very soon. and you were so brave, too, to pull off the attacking dog. Good work, Emily, we're proud of you!

Unknown said...

OH MY GOD if the dumbass neighbours don't pay the vet bill, secretly castrate their dog.

Unknown said...

Also poor baby! I can't believe those people were/are dumb enough to let their crazy dog run around sans collar!!

brandonamp said...

Oh no! Poor Pie Master! I hope she gets well soon.

Emilz said...

thanks guyz...and right on Audrey, though maybe its not just the DOG that needs castrating...hee!