Friday, November 7, 2008

Why don't you just take my soul while you are at it

The plant thief has struck again! Last night, I pointed out my new plants to my brother-unit. This morning at 9am, they were gone. Well, the two large ones anyway. Sure enough, later I walked by the house where my old stolen plants are, and saw that they have my two new ones.

Well.

I called the police. They are supposed to call me back later. I also took photos of the yard with (all) my plants in it. I hope they don't ask to see photos of the plants in my yard, prior to being stolen. I have such photos, but they are photos of action figures that just happen to have the plants in them. "See here, officer, these are the plants in the corner of the photo." "Uh huh. Behind the Transformers?" "Oh, uh, those aren't mine, I was just borrowing them..."

Amazingly, I also ran into the neighbor whose monkey puzzle tree was also stolen, by chance, and told him about the situation.

Honestly, these people live less than 300 meters from my house, did they NOT think that I would find my plants? How stupid must they be to steal from my house AGAIN?

*dramatic sigh*

5 comments:

Soontar Cerulien said...

You could plant (yes, pun intended) some bait item for them to steal with a tracking device inside.

Unknown said...

Perhaps they were drunk. People have been known to do such stupid things while under the influence.

saun said...

why don't you just go & get them back? They're your plants. Also, maybe some "wiseguy" stole them from you & gave them to the neighbors for a joke or craziness. People are crazy. That might explain why they're just blatantly displaying the plants in their yard.

saun said...

I hope there is not some weirdo trying to get your attention . Like a stalker. You gotta watch out for weirdos sometimes. Please be careful. Love, mum

saun said...

why don't you just go & get them back? They're your plants. Also, maybe some "wiseguy" stole them from you & gave them to the neighbors for a joke or craziness. People are crazy. That might explain why they're just blatantly displaying the plants in their yard.