Monday, November 3, 2008

Crayfish science

In celebration of getting a scanner (that works), I've brought home some of my lab books in order to share the crayfish drawings on the covers. There are about 6 books now, here are my favorite images. Oh, 6 books sounds like alot, but actually I use rather small books compared to the normal size around here. Its not the size that counts, or so I hear, anyway.

Here's the crayfish on my second lab book:

Here is a more recent book, moving away from realism as you can see:
If you are thinking, "Crayfish Mona Lisa," then we are on the same page.

Here's my current lab book cover image:

Contrary to what you might think, all this doodling does not equate to goofing off. In the molecular lab there is always something to wait for. Waiting for a gel to set firmly. Waiting for the gel to run. Waiting for the centrifuge to stop spinning. Its easy to run out of things to do, so I escape to my happy world of cartoon crayfish, ha ha ha. Actually, I do manage to goof off alot in the field lab where there is no excuse! XD

No comments: