Saturday, November 19, 2011

Staircase Makeover

This weekend I am painting my stairs. Previously they were carpeted, which was okay, but the carpet was from 1978 so it looked a bit old. So, my housemate/landlady and I decided to remove it. I am doing it while she is out of town, since I will have to live downstairs until it is all dry. I pulled off the carpet and scraped off the remaining horrid, shriveled foam carpet backing. Here are the before images where I am just starting to apply the primer coat.



After I painted I wanted to avoid any fumes, so I left the windows open and took Tasha out to a park for a walk and ran some errands. There was a football game going on, so the park was totally deserted. Here is a video of Tasha, I threw her ball into the tall weeds for her to find.

No comments: